Plasma cutting combined with different working gases can cut various metals that are difficult to cut with oxygen, especially for non-ferrous metals (stainless steel, aluminum, copper, titanium, nickel) with better cutting effect; Its main advantage is that when cutting metal with small thickness, the plasma cutting speed is fast, especially when cutting ordinary carbon steel sheet, the speed can reach 5~6 times of the oxygen cutting method, the cutting surface is smooth, the thermal deformation is small, and the Heat-affected zone is less.
Plasma cutting machines are widely used in automobiles, locomotives, pressure vessels, chemical machinery, nuclear industry, general machinery, engineering machinery, steel structures, ships and other industries.
In addition to the general form, plasma cutting methods have derived forms such as water compression plasma cutting. The most commonly used methods are general plasma cutting and air plasma cutting.
General plasma cutting does not require protective gas, and working gas and cutting gas are sprayed from the same nozzle. During arc ignition, a small stream of ion gas is sprayed as the ionization medium; During cutting, atmospheric gas is simultaneously sprayed to eliminate molten metal.
Air plasma cutting generally uses compressed air as ion gas, which has low cutting cost and convenient gas source. The compressed air is heated, decomposed and ionized in the arc, and the generated oxygen cuts the metal to produce chemical exothermic reaction, which speeds up the cutting speed. The fully ionized air plasma has a high enthalpy value, resulting in a high energy arc and fast cutting speed.
1. The lower part of plasma cutting should be equipped with a water tank, and the cutting part should be placed underwater during the cutting process to avoid the toxic effects of smoke on the human body
2. During the plasma arc cutting process, avoid direct visual inspection of the plasma arc. It is necessary to wear professional protective glasses and facial masks to avoid burns to the eyes and skin caused by arc light.
3. A large amount of toxic gas will be produced in the plasma arc cutting process, which requires ventilation and wear a multi-layer filter dust mask.
4. During the plasma arc cutting process, it is necessary to wear protective equipment such as towels, gloves, and foot protectors to prevent sparks from burning the skin.
5. The high-frequency and electromagnetic radiation generated by high-frequency oscillators during plasma arc cutting can cause damage to the body, and some long-term practitioners may even experience symptoms of infertility. Although the medical and industry sectors are currently uncertain, protective measures still need to be taken.
Every industry has its unique set of material specifications and needs. That’s why you can count on the exceptional experience and industry knowledge of the professionals at Kuaima Steel - Meeting the Exact Needs of Every Industry That Uses steel.
Ireland, Portugal, Gambia, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Libya, Romania, Puerto Rico, Azerbaijan, United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Philippines, Ghana, Slovakia, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, China, Bolivia, Switzerland, Bangladesh, Taiwan, Oman, Egypt, Greece, Norway, Singapore, Bulgaria, Estonia, Belgium, Yemen, Hong Kong, Ecuador, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Belarus, Finland, Gabon, Iran, Canada, Argentina, Lebanon.
We'll contact you within 24 hoursSend
welcome to Kuaima steel. We are a comprehensive enterprise integrating steel trade, processing. Providing one-stop service for global customers. Complete specifications，Export to the world， Factory direct sales， Integrity management. Meet all your steel needs! !
Do you need steel?